Welcome to the 21th Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film
The Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film (ITFS) focuses on the artistic animated film and on promoting young talents. It is testing the future of cartoon films and the interface between animation, computer games, architecture, contemporary art and real-time media.
The Festival for Industry Experts
With more than 80,000 visitors each year, the ITFS is a great success with the audience. It has also developed to an essential event for professionals in the animation industry.
- The festival offers excellent networking opportunities for professionals and decision makers from around the world, with special focus on Germany and Europe.
- Important industry prizes are awarded. The Animated Com Award (with partners like ADC Deutschland and Daimler AG) is given for outstanding work in the areas of advertising, spatial communication, and technology. Also the Special Award: “Future needs Derivation – Individual Mobility” is offered by the Daimler AG. The award shows take place in the framework of glamorous galas in the Mercedes-Benz Museum or Neues Schloss.
- Studio presentations feature masters and milestones in the field of animation: Laika („Coraline“, „ParaNorman“) with „The Boxtrolls“, Studio 100 and the Danish animation studio Tegne Film announced their attendance. Producer Peter Rommel (e.g. “Wetlands”, “Summer in Berlin”) and Oscar winner Chris Landreth ( “The End”, “Ryan”) are also expected.
- Exclusive Workshops, with national and international renowned animation filmmakers and authors, impart expert knowledge. Expected to attend are, among others, the industry giants Max Howard (former president of Warner Bros. Feature Animation and vice president of Walt Disney Feature Animation) and Emmy winner Eric Shaw.
- Focus Games: In 2014 the ITFS will significantly expand its Gamezone, with numerous Workshops and presentations in the area of games, transmedia and digital content.
- Simultaneously with the Festival the top-class-symposium FMX – Conference on Animation, Effects, Games and Transmedia (April 22 to 25/2014) takes place. For further information go to: www.fmx.de
- Effective one-to-one-meetings are at the heart of the Animation Production Day (APD) on April 24 and 25. As a business platform for the international animation industry, the APD invites production companies worldwide to submit their animation and digital content projects for which they are searching for co-production, financing and distribution partners. For further information go to: www.animationproductionday.de
Further Highlights at the ITFS
- National and international Film- and Art Schools present the extraordinary work of their students, for example the Minshar Art School from Tel Aviv and the University of Arts Tokyo. And of course the Baden-Württemberg animation film factories: Film Academy Baden-Württemberg, Stuttgart Media University and Offenburg University
- From this year's host country, Israel, the filmmaker Tsvika Oren presents the highlights of the Israeli short film production and the animation filmmaker Uri and Michelle Kranot take part in the International Competition with their Oscar nominated short film “Hollow Land“.
- There will be an Animation Co-Production Forum, especially for new animation film projects from the Arab world, which will be realised in cooperation with the Robert Bosch Foundation.