Among the ITFS 2022 highlights on Friday, May 6, is “Ukraine Benefit: Animation by Linoleum“, a programme by the Linoleum International Contemporary Animation and Media Art Festival, which can be seen free of charge for all at 18:30CET at the ITFS Open Air and online via the ITFS Live Stream. Muhterem Aras (Member of the State Parliament, President of the State Parliament of Baden-Württemberg) will speak on stage. Other highlights include the workshop talk “Warner Media: What’s next? Great Ideas can come from Anywhere!“, the AniMovie contribution “Bob Spit – We don’t like people” – a Brazilian feature film with a high trash factor – and the studio presentation on the country Focus Austria with LWZ Design & Animation, Arx Anima and Causa Creations.
Films in competitions
The competition programmes can be watched on site and also online at https://onlinefestival.itfs.de/en/onlineplus from May 2 to 15.
- Tricks for Kids 3 (14:00, TREFFPUNKT ROTEBÜHLPLATZ): e. g. Moules-Frites (Nicolas Hu / France), In the Upper Room (Alexander Gratzer / Hungary) and There You Are (Rui Huang / USA)
- Young Animation 3 (19:00, Gloria 2): e. g. In His Mercy (Christoph Büttner / Germany), Au cas où le corps éxulte (Florian Genthial / France) and To Kill the Birds & the Bees (Calleen Koh / Singapur)
- AniMovie (21:30, Hospitalhof): Bob Spit – We don’t like people (Cesar Cabral / Brazil)
- Internationaler Wettbewerb 4 (21:00, Gloria 1): e. g. Slouch (Michael Bohnenstingl / Germany), Layl (Ahmad Saleh / Germany, Palestine, Qatar) and Ur azpian lore (Aitor Oñederra / Spain)
The filmmaker talks of the International Competition and Young Animation will take place at Café le Théatre starting at 12:00, moderated by Anna Henckel-Donnersmarck (Berlin) and Franka Sachse (Kassel).
The ITFS Open Air cinema on Stuttgart’s Schlossplatz offers a colourful daily programme for all film fans. Here, animated short films from the Tricks for Kids competitions of recent years can be seen starting at 12:00, as well as the feature film “ Gregs Tagebuch: Von Idioten umzingelt!” at 15:00, “Ukraine Benefit: Animation by Linoleum” at 18:30 and the feature film “Turning Red” at 20:15.
Supporting programmes and workshops
- Workshop Talk: ANIDOX:LAB (10:00, Cinema), presented by Uri Kranot, in cooperation with Creative Europe Desk München
- Indie Online Research Project: XR Content Distribution (12:30, Cinema), Speaker: Michelle Kranot
- Focus Austria – School Presentations Film Schools from Austria (13:30, Gloria 2)
- Workshop Talk Warner Media: What’s next? Great Ideas can come from Anywhere! (14:00, Gloria 2)
- Wonderwomen – Women in Animation 2 (14:00, Hospitalhof)
- Workshop tigoboANIMATIONstudios – Part 1 (14:30, Institut Français), as part of MACH DICH STARK – Die Initiative für Kinder im Südwesten
- Work in Progress – Animated Feature-length Films (15:00, Cinema)
- Focus Austria In Persona: Shorts 1 (15:30, Delphi Arthaus Kino)
- Work in Progress – Animated Series (16:00, Gloria 2)
- In Persona: Regina Pessoa (16:30, Gloria 2)
- In Persona: Marion Rasche (16:30, Hospitalhof)
- Best of Animation 3 (17:00, Gloria 1), curated by Mark Shapiro
- Studio Präsentation Focus Austria (17:30, Cinema), LWZ Design & Animation, Arx Anima, Causa Creations
- In Persona: Jean-Charles Mbotti Malolo 1 (20:00, Cinema)
- Cult Night – Sous le Tapis Rouge (22:30, Cinema), curated by Renaud Armanet & Flavie Darchen
- Cult Night – Pandemic Animation (23:30, Gloria 1)
The Children’s Animated Film Academy (in cooperation with Kindermedienland Baden-Württemberg) starts at Jugendhaus Mitte.
At the Artist Talk accompanying the exhibition “Elementarteilchen” (Elementary Particles), which can be seen at Galerie b in the Stuttgart Public Library until May 28, François Chalet will tell a story in black and white using the basic shapes of circle, line and polygon on May 6 at 16:00, entering into dialogue with the audience and the architecture of the location.
ONLINE & ITFS VR HUB
Starting at 14:00, the ITFS live stream on https://onlinefestival.itfs.de/livestream/ will bring the Stuttgart Schlossplatz and the open air programme (with individual programme deviations) to the world. Two highlights are the feature film “Frank and Wendy” at 20:15 and „Ukraine Benefit: Animation by Linoleum“ at 18:30. Highlights in the virtual world of the ITFS VR HUB are the Avatar Workshop with Ronald Wong Ho Hip (South Africa) at 15:00 and the Get-together (17:00). In the evening at 22:00, Michael Fakesch, who is responsible for the sound of the ITFS 2022 trailer “Black is Back!”, will be playing in the club of the ITFS VR Hub. The music producer, sound designer, DJ, lecturer and film music composer was one of the two founders and members of the electro duo Funkstörung and has already worked for Björk, Wu-Tang Clan, Jean-Michel Jarre, Notwist and Nicolas Winding Refn. In the ONLINE PRO section, the work in progress “The Orbit of Minor Satellites – Chris Sullivan” will take place at 14:00. In addition, the three finalists of the Trickstar Business Award will be presented at 16:00.