The Animation Production Day (APD) is a business platform for the global animation industry. It takes place every year as part of the the FMX, Conference on Animation, Effects, Games and Transmedia and the Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film (ITFS). The event presents a range of projects to producers, broadcasters, global distributors, publishers, banks, and equity investors. The APD’s core is made up of the Co-Production Market. In individually organised one-to-one meetings, selected film, TV or transmedia projects are presented and brought together with the respectively suitable co-production, financing and distribution partners.
Submission and accreditation forms are online and can be found here on the website.
Animation Production Day 2015:
- around 30 – 35 handpicked animation projects (TV, feature, game, transmedia)
- NEW: “APD Producers meet Producers” – additional half day of one-to-one meetings exclusively for producers and service producers wishing to participate as potential co-production partners
- conference with case studies on outstanding projects and “Animation Content Briefing Session” by broadcasters and distributors
- Co-production and Co-Financing Market: One-to-one meetings between producers, broadcasters, distributors, sales agents, banks, funding institutions etc.
- joint meals and other networking opportunities with international industry professionals and the top German players in a family-like atmosphere
- full access pass to all programs of FMX, Conference on Animation, Effects, Games and Transmedia and the 22nd Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film
At APD 2014, around 100 representatives of the German and international animation industry came together to negotiate possible co-operations in around 400 meetings for the 33 selected projects with a total production volume of approximately 100 million euros and to discuss current trends and developments as well as new ways of financing, production and distribution. The Animation Production Day 2014 was attended by representatives of 13 countries. Once more, a strong presence of projects with a transmedial or crossmedial concept became apparent. www.animationsproductionday.de